On November 27th, 2018, 31-year-old Jeannette Ciaramella disappeared from her home in the small town of Clyde in upstate New York. She had no vehicle, no phone, no wallet, and not a single person living nearby in her quiet & friendly neighborhood witnessed her coming or going.
Three years have passed since that day, but the investigation seems to have hit a dead end with no updates from law enforcement on whether they are any closer to finding her than they were on the day she went missing. It’s as if she vanished into thin air, but while it may seem that way on the surface, a trace can always be found if the investigation digs deep enough.
Someone must know SOMETHING, right?
Imagine the life of Jeannette Ciaramella as a finished puzzle with hundreds of pieces. The pieces are all connected and where they belong, forming a beautiful picture of her kindness, love, friendship, and family. When she disappeared, that puzzle was smashed, and the pieces were scattered around to every place she had ever stepped foot and distributed to every person to ever cross paths with her in any way. The pieces alone seem worthless until they are brought to light, shared, and collected to be put back together. I believe that some of you may hold those pieces to Jeannette’s puzzle. There isn’t a single piece of information out there about Jeannette that is too insignificant to share. You may know something that seems like nothing, you may know something that you assume everyone knows, you may know something that may not even have anything to do with Jeannette at first glance, but those pieces might just be the last few that investigators are still missing -and they need them in order to put this case back together.
In this episode, we hear from Jeannette’s boyfriend at the time of her disappearance – Marcus Lee, and we start from the beginning of where her puzzle all fell apart.
If you or someone you know is dealing with a substance abuse issue, please contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. - https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
• Marcus Lee - Thank you to Marcus Lee for speaking with me about Jeannette for this podcast.
• Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. - https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
• New York State Government - http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130 , https://doccs.ny.gov/location/elmira-correctional-facility
• Apple – https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/law-enforcement-guidelines-us.pdf , https://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my/
• Jeannette Ciaramella – https://www.facebook.com/jeannette.ciaramellascarborough , https://www.facebook.com/jeannette.ciaramella
• 13WHAM (ABC) - Rochester, NY - https://13wham.com
• Woman missing from Clyde; police ask for tips by WHAM Tuesday, December 4th 2018 - https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-missing-from-clyde-police-ask-for-tips
• Troopers, Clyde police act on tips, search for woman missing since late Nov. by WHAM Thursday, December 20th 2018 - https://13wham.com/news/local/troopers-clyde-police-in-newark-for-missing-person-investigation
• Police investigating whether weekend kidnapping related to clyde woman's disappearance - by WHAM Wednesday, February 27th 2019 - https://13wham.com/news/local/police-investigating-whether-weekend-kidnapping-related-to-clyde-womans-disappearance?fbclid=IwAR0wF_nOWgFQZ_soowuZl5KZ7jmUGW0n4DSHd1CDsP0nFVjowU8MoP_5uDw
• Lyons Village Dissolution PD -https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/02/13/lyons-village-dissolution-police-department/23374179/
Additional Source Links
• Rochester First - Missing Clyde woman: Police search property in Arcadia by: Howard Thompson Posted: Dec 20, 2018 / 03:41 PM EST / Updated: Dec 20, 2018 / 03:41 PM EST - https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/missing-clyde-woman-police-search-property-in-arcadia/
If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Jeannette Ciaramella, please contact the Wayne County Sheriff’s Dept. at 315-946-9711 or Clyde PD at 315-923-3121. You can also send a tip with information to email@example.com.
PLEASE LISTEN, RATE, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!